Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Making Money by Blogging

I've been using the web for a while now, (obviously) and have had many false starts on blogging. I think, actually, that this blog is probably my longest running attempt at blogging, and you can see how piss-poor I am at doing it consistently.

However, I have run across a bunch of people, especially recently while working on Mixx.com, that blog for the money. Not for some other motivation.

And now this causes me to create an aside from the point of this. What is my motivation for writing this blog? I genuinely have no idea. I can take a guess at some motivations, but there certainly isn't a strong dominant one. For example, I like to write restaurant reviews, so that's a motivation (for some of my posts). I have some long-standing issues or ideas in my brain that sometimes need working out. I get annoyed by some things. All this ties together to create the feeling that I want to blog. Given those things, though, I wonder why I don't just create a private blog. Or write to a local file on my harddrive. Why do I want other people to read my blog? I really don't want that, as I've only ever told like 3 people that I do write a blog. had this thing going for 2 months before my husband knew. And I tell him everything--except those things that I know will bore him ;-)

Anyway....

I was looking at a site called dat money (I'll refrain from giving them a backlink they probably crave). The guy says he made like $500 last month on his blog. Thing is, his blog isn't really that great. At all. Its a blog about blogging. I am beginning to think there are 20,000 of these blogs about blogging that are involved in some Ponzi scheme to fool people out of their money using AdSense. Hmmm...

I know that if I put my mind to it, I have way more to offer to a reader than blogging about blogging. I'm pretty good at my job (maybe). I know a lot about social media and the internet. I am also pretty filled with advice for new moms--not that anyone would probably want to hear it. I am good fantasy baseball and fantasy football player. I know a lot and am very opinionated about sports.

Maybe some day, I'll give money blogging a start. I'd have to figure out how to run wordpress or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most of the stuff out there on the web is garbage and people who blog are self-indulgent schlubs who like to hear themselves pontificate on things normal people care nothing about! The only blogs (or websites for that matter) that interest me are the ones that you can LEARN something from (http://www.ethanolrfa.org/resource/made/) or ones that make me roll on the ground laughing (http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/) or (http://garlicsouptonuts.blogspot.com/)
Now those sites are worth going to!