Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm Very Lucky!

I thought maybe I'd try to bookend my "hard to be me" post by talking about the rest of my family this morning. I've got a bunch of work to do, but somehow getting this blog post done will help me get my "real" work done, right?

Anyhoo, that's Zack in the picture with me. I love this picture because I think it captures Zack's personality. Although my son looks a LOT like me, he's really all Troy inside. He is always happy and smiling. Any crankiness he experiences is very quickly replaced with happiness. His imagination runs overtime.

Last night, about 15 mins before this picture was taken, he was telling me the story of Max. Max, apparently, is Zack's imaginary kitty cat. I didn't know kids his age were all about the imaginary pets. Totally shocked me. He had all sorts of stories about Max and him at the playground. Max really likes to go on the swings.

Last night, h also caught me by surprise while we were waiting at the Jenny Craig Center (yes, I'm trying to diet and called in the cavalry), by counting from 1 to 20. Missed a couple in there but last I knew he was only up to about 8 consistently. I guess all working moms understand the mixed feelings that brought up-- ooh, wow, he's counting to 20! and oh, where did he learn that and where was I?

By looking at the man that my husband is and seeing the same personality bits in Zack, I find myself growing curiouser and curiouser about how Z will grow up. With that Alice in Wonderland reference made, I'll go ahead and get back to work now....


UPDATE: after posting this the first time and actually looking at it, I was reminded of a picture taken just over 2 years ago now that is similar in composition:

No comments: